This term, the Year 6 topic will be ‘Building a Village.’ Pupils will investigate the components of a village, including human and physical features. Following this, they will create their own maps and build a village in design technology.
In English, Year 6 are going to be:
- Identifying features of instructions.
- Recognising the target audience for a range of instructions.
- Writing their own set of instructions to build a village.
In poetry, pupils will:
- Compare different poetry styles.
- Completing a narrative poem based on a fable.
In Maths, pupils will be:
- Reading and constructing their own graphs.
- Investigating fractions of quantities.
- Converting metric measurements and imperial.
In Science, we shall be naming the different components that can make a circuit, and using this knowledge to construct our own. Year 6 will also investigate conductors and insulators, when building their circuits.